In 2013 I discovered The Minimalist Baker and since then I turn to there incredible site for all things plant based and delicious. Today, I realized it has been to long since I have updated my blog and I decided to share this delicious recipe by the Minimalist Baker with you. I hope you check out their site and enjoy their very ADD friendly meals. Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.
Find the full recipe here: http://minimalistbaker.com/mediterran…
I’am beyond excited to have been featured in Whisked, an Australian food blog run by sisters Hannah + Jess. They featured my story and favorite recipe to, join in the fun and click here to read all about it + get the recipe.
Over the last year my guides have lead me to meditation as a holistic way I could continue growing on my journey with ADD. It may seem crazy for a person who is easily distracted to even attempt meditating. I have tried at various times in my life and have failed.
Yet this time around I want it deeply, checking my excuses as to why I can’t meditate at the door. This time around I am devoted to the process.
Needless to say yesterday I watched Dr. Sara Gottfried speak on the power of meditation on Wanderlust’s site (which btw I recommend you watch here).
There was a moment around 18 minutes into her speech that she said ADD symptoms could be greatly reduced by meditation. The ideal that meditation can help reduce ADD symptoms was the greatest selling point for me as I write you today.
Your invited you to watch the video below from Mind Body Green and consider meditation as a way to garner more peace, clarity, and focus in your life.
These summer oats are dreamy. They’re:
Loaded with blueberry flavor
Creamy with a bit of crunch from the granola
And perfect for summer mornings
This is such a great dish to look forward to in the morning. Summer is about living in the freshness of the season eating whole foods that you can pick in your backyard.
I adore going berry picking.
I like to pick enough to freeze extra berries on trays.
Once they are frozen I like to take them off the trays and place them in ziplock bags to keep on hand for the rest of the year.
Look at all that blue, dreamy, and bright.
Perhaps I should have saved this recipe for the forth of July
The following photo is so patriotic utilizing red, white, and blue.
When I was a little girl I remember how important eating breakfast before school was.
I recall eating a bowl of oatmeal every day before school, I suppose that is where my love of breakfast began.
Since, I have a very creative brain eating a hardy breakfast became a staple in our household.
It helped stabilize my blood sugar levels and fuel my body so I could have sustained energy throughout the morning so I could focus and create more.
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY OATMEAL
Author: The Distracted Beet
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, GF for gluten free eaters
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Maple Almond Granola
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Gogi Berries
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- Bring water to a boil in a small to medium sized saucepan. Once boiling add your oats and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until the oats have absorbed most of the water – about 5 minutes – stirring frequently.
- Once your oats are just about done cooking (~5 minute mark), stir in your Blueberries, Gogi Berries, Pure Maple Syrup, and Vanilla Extract into your cooked oats. You can either turn off your burner or put it on low. and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor/seasonings as desired. To thin, add a splash of non-dairy milk (such as almond).
- Divide cooked oats between two serving bowls and sprinkle with Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Maple Almond Granola, and at the end drizzle on top your Almond Milk. Sit down, grab your loved one and enjoy immediately. Best when fresh.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this recipe.
What say you? Got any good kitchen stories, tips or strategies around oatmeal ?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
And as always Shine ON beautiful //