These summer oats are dreamy. They’re:
Loaded with blueberry flavor
Creamy with a bit of crunch from the granola
And perfect for summer mornings
This is such a great dish to look forward to in the morning. Summer is about living in the freshness of the season eating whole foods that you can pick in your backyard.
I adore going berry picking.
I like to pick enough to freeze extra berries on trays.
Once they are frozen I like to take them off the trays and place them in ziplock bags to keep on hand for the rest of the year.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, GF for gluten free eaters
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Maple Almond Granola
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Gogi Berries
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- Bring water to a boil in a small to medium sized saucepan. Once boiling add your oats and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until the oats have absorbed most of the water – about 5 minutes – stirring frequently.
- Once your oats are just about done cooking (~5 minute mark), stir in your Blueberries, Gogi Berries, Pure Maple Syrup, and Vanilla Extract into your cooked oats. You can either turn off your burner or put it on low. and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor/seasonings as desired. To thin, add a splash of non-dairy milk (such as almond).
- Divide cooked oats between two serving bowls and sprinkle with Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Maple Almond Granola, and at the end drizzle on top your Almond Milk. Sit down, grab your loved one and enjoy immediately. Best when fresh.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this recipe.
What say you? Got any good kitchen stories, tips or strategies around oatmeal ?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
And as always Shine ON beautiful //